Wednesday 25 January 2017
Tonight we're not at the Scout Hall but in the IT Suite of Albany Academy working on the Digital Citizen Badge! We've all been given different roles (Photographers, PR Managers, Interviewers, Scriptwriters and Researchers) to prepare for interviewing our District Commissioner and Group President next week.
ASJ Scout Group is signed up to take part in this year's Commissioners' Challenge!
The challenge is to complete as many activities as you like from the different Community Impact topics. There are lots to choose from for Beaver, Cub and Scout sections. Please let us know if you have ideas about how we can complete some of them by commenting below or speaking to a section leader!
We should hopefully receive our badges for taking part within the next couple of weeks. For more information please speak to a section leader or click on the button below..
Over the next few weeks the Scout Section will be working towards their Digital Citizenship activity badge, which is designed to show them how to use PCs and other digital equipment (video camera, SLR cameras, scanners, printers, webcams etc). Consequently, we will be changing out Friday nights to meet instead on Wednesday 25 January and Wednesday 1 February 2017 at Albany Academy, 7pm to 9pm.
The Scouts will be doing some exciting IT projects including:
- Reviewing and developing website features on www.asjscouts.org.uk;
- designing and sending out an online survey for this year's ASJ Scout Group survey and producing a report for the Exec Group based on the responses;
- interviewing our new District Commissioner, Cath Hargreaves and Bill King, the Founder of ASJ Scout Group. The Scouts will producing an online article an online article and also a video of the interview; and
- writing and translating email correspondence to a Scout Groups in Germany, Croatia and Italy - we might also be able to link up to speak with some of them live via a Skype connection!
if you can think of any other projects that the Scouts can work on, or if you have IT skills and you want to get involved, or if you'd just like to take part, then please leave a comment on this post or email email@example.com
A big thank you to Albany Academy for their support and allowing the Group to access their excellent IT Suite facilities.
All parents and Scout Group leaders are welcome and encouraged to be members of the Group's Executive Committee. The Committee oversees the governance of the Scout Group, coordinates fund raising events and provides an opportunity for parents, volunteers and the wider community to make a valuable contribution. It's also a fun couple of hours in the pub once a term amongst friends! If you would like to come along to the next meeting then it will be held at 7.30pm, Wednesday 22 February 2017 in the Top Spinners, Railway Road, Adlington.
Arr, me hearties! Let's get planning for a Swashbuckling 2017!
Climb aboard for a totally Pirate themed day of activities aimed at the Beaver age range up at Bibbys Farm.
Bibby's are planning to welcome Beavers on board ship, flagbreak with a skull & crossbones followed by a day of fun and games including a hunt for golden treasure.
You will need to bring a packed lunch, drinks will be provided.
Cost £3.50 per person
Bibbys are expecting this to be very popular so please speak to Andy, Mark or Helen to express your interest, or send a message via Facebook/the website and then we can reserve places.
Could you be a Cub Scout Leader or Parent Helper? ASJ Scouts are currently recruiting - please speak to a Section Leader for more details, call Phil on 07764 861319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know...
- There are now half a million members of Scouting
- More young people do adventurous activities as Scouts than with any other organisation
- The youngest person to walk to the South Pole was a Scout
- Each year Scouts tackling the Queen’s Scout Award walk the equivalent distance of once around the world!
- 11 of the 12 people to walk on the moon were once Scouts.
- John Lennon and Paul McCartney were both Scouts!
- You are never more than 10 miles from a Scout meeting place.
Just a reminder that Scout Sections will be meeting for the first time in 2017 on the following dates:
- Beavers on Thursday 12th January 2017
- Cubs on Monday 16th January 2017
- Scouts on Friday 13th January 2017