There was a fantastic parent and Scout turnout for this year’s Presentation Evening and Annual General Meeting (AGM) with Chorley MP and Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons, Lindsay Hoyle, and County Councillor Kim Snape also attending to show their support.
The evening started with some words from Father O’Shea and then the Scouts, Cubs and Beavers all enjoyed some fun outdoor activities while the formal AGM took place.
After the AGM there was a tea and coffee break and the second half of the evening was the bit everyone was looking forward to – presenting this year’s awards!
There were badges awarded to members of each section, which were presented by Bill King, ASJ Scout Group's President. Special award presentations also included:
- Chief Scout Bronze Awards for Holly Salmon, Ben Davies, Phoebe Thompson, Thomas Lee and Cyrus Vatankhahan;
- Chief Scout Silver Award for Josh Smith;
- Best Beaver award for Holly Salmon and Oliver Wesley;
- Best Cub award for Isabel Kipling;
- Best Scout award for Ben Smith;
- Chorley District Archery Shield for Alex Bentham; and
- The Award for Merit to Group Scout Leader, Phil Fairclough
We would like to thank everyone for attending and for your ongoing support.
Welcome to the ASJ Blog This area contains our latest news